veeral

Japan at War: An Oral History
Haruko Taya Cook, Theodore F. Cook
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Leon Uris
Falling Free (Vorkosigan Saga, #4)
Lois McMaster Bujold
Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
Laurence Bergreen
The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
Harrison E. Salisbury
The Forsaken: From The Great Depression To The Gulags: Hope And Betrayal In Stalin's Russia
Tim Tzouliadis
A Simple Plan - Scott B. Smith A too simple story of crime and murder. That’s what I thought once I finished this book. I predicted each and every move of our anti-hero beforehand and was waiting for Scott Smith to catch-up. I don’t generally try to anticipate anything consciously whenever I am reading fiction as it would suck the joy out of it. But as it happened, I always knew precisely what was going to happen next. The story was that predictable. It seemed to me that Scott Smith had only one solution for the plight of his anti-hero. I wouldn’t say outright what the solution was as I don’t want to spoil anything for someone who might want to read this in future, but once you have read this, you would know what I am talking about.

Also, I thought that the book was way too lengthy. It’s not the taut crime-thriller one might expect by reading the blurb. Chopping off 100 pages might have done justice to the storyline.

This was by no means bad, but it fell short on my expectations.

I would recommend reading [b:The Ax|176811|The Ax|Donald E. Westlake|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344271240s/176811.jpg|170825] by Donald E. Westlake instead. It’s unpredictable and not needlessly lengthy, just how an ideal crime fiction book should be.

3 stars