veeral

Japan at War: An Oral History
Haruko Taya Cook, Theodore F. Cook
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Leon Uris
Falling Free (Vorkosigan Saga, #4)
Lois McMaster Bujold
Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
Laurence Bergreen
The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
Harrison E. Salisbury
The Forsaken: From The Great Depression To The Gulags: Hope And Betrayal In Stalin's Russia
Tim Tzouliadis
Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End - Manel Loureiro, Pamela Carmell Ever since I read [b:World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War|8908|World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War|Max Brooks|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320398267s/8908.jpg|817], reading PA zombie fiction has become one of my guilty pleasures. Whenever I feel like I am having a "reader's block", I pick up a zombie book to get out of it, and so far it has worked!

A couple of days back, I decided to venture into the zombie infested wastelands again as I was not in the mood to continue with my other books. And as soon as I knew that [a:Manel Loureiro|1641503|Manel Loureiro|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1306626613p2/1641503.jpg] has written a zombie book which was set in a different country, Spain, rather than US or UK as most of the zombie books are, I decided to have a go at it. And thankfully enough, the protagonist was not ex-army or of a similar background, but a lawyer (The author himself is a lawyer in real life, so basically he wrote himself as the protagonist; standard zombie fiction fare). But for a change, it was refreshing to read about someone who didn't have the professional skills to kill the hordes of undead with powerful weapons and deadly moves but instead survived by keeping his wits about him. Curiously enough, [a:Manel Loureiro|1641503|Manel Loureiro|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1306626613p2/1641503.jpg] hasn't use the word "Zombie" even once to describe the undead.

There were some doubtful speculations done by the author regarding the less developed countries faring better in a zombie apocalypse compared to the western world, but what the hell, we are talking about zombies here. Leave your brain out of your room (preferably where nobody could eat it) before you read these kind of books.