veeral

Japan at War: An Oral History
Haruko Taya Cook, Theodore F. Cook
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Leon Uris
Falling Free (Vorkosigan Saga, #4)
Lois McMaster Bujold
Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
Laurence Bergreen
The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
Harrison E. Salisbury
The Forsaken: From The Great Depression To The Gulags: Hope And Betrayal In Stalin's Russia
Tim Tzouliadis
Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood I started reading Oryx and Crake thinking it would be a 3 star book for me. The reason behind the meager initial rating of otherwise a brilliant writer was the fact that I didn't like 'The Handmaid's Tale' as much as I thought I would have. It is a classic dystopian fiction but nevertheless, I found myself somewhat detached from the story. This was the reason I prolonged my reading of 'Oryx and Crake'. But I was wrong this time. I started with a 3 star expectation, it rose to a 4 star amazement in about 100 pages and then at about 200, it became a 5 star book. I was terrified with the thought that it might not hold up to its 5 star rating all along (happened a lot in the past with me), but it did; even with the cliffhanger ending. (No worries there, I have the sequel on hand already).

I won't give away any of the plot because that's the beauty of this novel. Atwood carefully and interestingly unveils her tale in a satirical tone which keeps you reading earnestly in order to know what happens next(which should always happen in post-apocalyptic fiction, but sadly it seldom does).

This has become one of my favorite novels!