veeral

Japan at War: An Oral History
Haruko Taya Cook, Theodore F. Cook
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Leon Uris
Falling Free (Vorkosigan Saga, #4)
Lois McMaster Bujold
Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
Laurence Bergreen
The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
Harrison E. Salisbury
The Forsaken: From The Great Depression To The Gulags: Hope And Betrayal In Stalin's Russia
Tim Tzouliadis
Watchmen - Dave Gibbons, John Higgins, Alan Moore By page 100, I was like "What the hell I am doing reading this piece of obvious trash? Sure graphics are good, but that's about it."

By page 200, I was like "I should probably call it quits here." But I didn't, only for the reason that I was halfway through.

By page 300, "NO IMPROVEMENT."

By page 400, "Okay smart guy, what's so revealing about that?!"

And then I read the last page, "GODDAMN THIS IS WHY THIS IS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE GREATEST GRAPHIC NOVELS."

Lousy Moore, you had to make me read 400 odd pages to reveal your one page - but most probably - most awesome endings ever, didn't you??

But really, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?" I mean I read "ingeniously encrypted" "War and Peace" and didn't hate it, read "Atlas Shrugged" and survived it, at least I knew what was happening at any given time (though nothing was happening most of the time), but "Watchmen" really baffled me. Not with its prose, but with its intended lunacy.

Don't think that I gave 5 stars to "Watchmen", 0.50 stars deducted for the frustration I felt reading this. 4.5 stars.

P.S. - This is my most hated 4.5 starred book. I don't intend to read Alan Moore any time soon. Maybe later, much later.