veeral

Japan at War: An Oral History
Haruko Taya Cook, Theodore F. Cook
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Leon Uris
Falling Free (Vorkosigan Saga, #4)
Lois McMaster Bujold
Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
Laurence Bergreen
The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
Harrison E. Salisbury
The Forsaken: From The Great Depression To The Gulags: Hope And Betrayal In Stalin's Russia
Tim Tzouliadis
A Clash of Kings  - George R.R. Martin Dedicated to all the authors out there. Without you, any of these wouldn’t have been possible!

*******************************************************************
Acknowledgements

They say that reading is a lonely business. They lie. And this book was no different. A lot of people helped me while reading this novel which took me almost 2 months to complete. For that I would like to thank the editor who found it appropriate to print this book as it was and didn’t dare to edit out anything. Secondly, I would like to thank my friends for understanding my plight and accepting my lame excuses for not hanging out for a couple of months. I would like to thank my wife for letting me stay weekends at home hunched over my copy of this book and not uttering a word of complaint until I had completed reading the second installment of this epic tale.

And last but not the least, I would like to thank George R. R. Martin, the author of this book for writing it and guiding me through the thick and thin of the task that is book reading. I would never forget the moment when I thought that I could remember all the major names of Martin’s Epic tale. Then came Davos. I recall being frustrated and adamant on not turning back pages to remember who the hell Davos was. But then Martin came to my rescue after reading almost half of Davos’s chapter and reminded me that he was the pirate turned lord in Stannis’s service. Thank you ser Martin for that!

And thank you also for giving Theon Greyjoy his own chapters as prior to this; I was pretty confused between Greyjoy and Greatjon. At one moment, a Greyjoy was a boy and then suddenly when the next time he appeared he was an old man and then it was bloody confusing. So, thank you for making Theon Greyjoy one of the major characters and an interesting one too. And in conclusion, I thank Martin for retaining Tyrion Lannister’s witticism from the first installment.

Hodor!