veeral

Japan at War: An Oral History
Haruko Taya Cook, Theodore F. Cook
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Leon Uris
Falling Free (Vorkosigan Saga, #4)
Lois McMaster Bujold
Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
Laurence Bergreen
The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
Harrison E. Salisbury
The Forsaken: From The Great Depression To The Gulags: Hope And Betrayal In Stalin's Russia
Tim Tzouliadis
Red Seas Under Red Skies - Scott Lynch They say it is difficult to write your second novel. And doubly so if the first one had been a phenomenon like "The Lies of Locke Lamora".

So, did this book disappoint? No, I wouldn't go that far. To be fair to Scott Lynch, we are now well aware of the antics of Locke Lamora from his first book in the series.

So, what are the ups really? Well, you got a premise that resembles "Ocean's Eleven" and "The Pirates Of The Caribbean" in one book.

And as for the downs, all I can say is that this book is not set in Camorr. So, some of the charm of the first book is lost. And more importantly, I thought that this book's main antagonists - Requin and Maxilan Stragos - didn't stand upto The Falconer and Gray King of the first book.

But having said that, I think I know where the series is going. Lamora has left powerful enemies in his wake (I won't mention the names and spoil it for you)in both books who would hold a position of substantial power in both Camorr and Tal Verrar in upcoming books. So, it is going to be mighty stifling for Lamora as the series progresses.